Wednesday, February 13, 2008

UFRA plaque.



This is the plaque that a few of the members of the UFRA crew made this year to commemorate the 07 fire season. The whole project was spearheaded by Aaron Gee (a rookie crew member), the computer mock up of the bar was done by Jasen Kennington (an LCM on the crew) who also provided a print of the crew photo, and I (LCM/Squad boss on the crew)  provided some creative input and some financial support for the project. The top is a 28" chainsaw bar with pieces of aluminum glued on. On the aluminum is printed some pictures from the season (I'm in 2) and beside them are the letters UFRA, each letter made up of the names of the fires we were on some other stats. The bottom is the actual plaque with a crew photo and the names of the crew members and detailers to the crew. The picture doesn't do it justice since I took it with my phone but it looks good, the best one made yet (total 6 or 7 plaques).  
This is our plaque from last year. Not too bad. Just a drip torch with the crew members on it and the crew photo underneath it. I didn't have anything to do with this one. One guy (Ryan Prestwich) from our crew took the initiative and did it all himself. So I can't complain because I didn't do anything with that one. 

1 comment:

Aaron and Kaime said...

I love the plaque! Mostly cause I help with it. Great job guys. Its nice to know you have a blog.