Friday, February 1, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This winter we have seen more snow than any winter that I have seen in several years. This is a photo that I took from my front window today. Just today I think it snowed like 4". Not bad and I have been trying to keep up with all the ski resorts on the snow base and most are at 100+". Most people think of how inconvenient snow is but I welcome it. This stuff comes only one season a year so you might as well enjoy it. Besides complaining isn't going to make it go away. As well for the guys that read my blog, there are endless free date or fun things to do with girls ideas from snow. You have sledding/tubing, making a snow man, snowball fights, snow sports (like football, ultimate, or soccer. I played snow soccer last year with some girls, and guys too but nobody cares about them, and it was really fun.), snow angels, snow shoeing and many other things. You just have to change the way you think about it. If the world gives lemons make lemonade. Personally I think snow is one of the greatest things God has given us. It helps me to slow down and take a look at everything and realize how pretty things look covered in snow. Another thing too, people are all concerned with droughts in the summer, well the more snow we get now the more water we'll have in the summer. Funny how that works. People don't really care about anything they just don't want to be inconvenienced. I'm curious as well, how does all this snow play into that global warming stuff?

1 comment:

Mack Hardy said...

WHAT? Cott. Love the "Dating Advice" from the ruggedly handsome fireman! Who COULD resist?